Retin A Gel
- In Stock
|0.1%-20gm x 2 gels||$40.00||$20.00|
|0.1%-20gm x 5 gels||$80.00||$16.00|
|0.1%-20gm x 10 gels||$130.00||$13.00|
|0.1%-20gm x 20 gels||$240.00||$12.00|
|0.1%-20gm x 25 gels||$275.00||$11.00|
Generic Retin-A (Tretinoin Gel) belongs to a class of drugs called retinoids. Generic Retin-A (Tretinoin Gel) is a topical medication used to treat mild to moderate acne. Generic Retin-A (Tretinoin Gel) is a derivative of vitamin A which is also used in the treatment of sun damaged skin. Generic Retin-A (Tretinoin Gel) reduces fine wrinkles and smoothens rough facial skin.
Indications of Generic Retin A Gel
Generic Retin-A (Tretinoin Gel) is useful for topical application in the treatment of acne. Generic Retin-A (Tretinoin) is also used to treat fine wrinkles. Generic Retin-A (Tretinoin) can reduce some areas of darkened skin and rough areas of skin all of which occurs due to sun damage.
Mechanism of Action of Generic Retin A Gel
Generic Retin-A (Tretinoin) irritates the skin and causes the cells of the skin to divide and die more rapidly resulting in increase in the turnover of the cells. In patients having acne, the new cells replaces the cells of existing pimples and the rapid turnover prevents formation of new pimple. . Wrinkles decrease or disappear after three to six months. Following application to the skin, a minimal amount of drug is absorbed into the body. The FDA approved topical Tretinoin in 1971.
Side effects of of Generic Retin A Gel
The following are some side effects associated with Generic Retin-A (Tretinoin).
- Local inflammation - The skin become red in color and its texture also changes.
- Mild stinging - A sudden pain occurs at the site of application of Generic Retin-A
- Dryness - The skin become dry as compared to other part of skin where Generic Retin-A is not applied.
- Scaling - This is the loss of the outer layer of the skin i.e. epidermis in large, scale like structure.
- Redness - The skin becomes red in color due to inflammation.
- Blistering - It is the appearance of small pocket or sore which is filled with a fluid.
- Severe burning - One may experience burning sensation after the application of Generic Retin-A
- Swelling of the skin - This occurs in response to inflammation.
Contraindications of Generic Retin A Gel
Generic Retin-A (Tretinoin) is contraindicated in patients who are hypersensitive to tretinoin.
Doosage of of Generic Retin A Gel
The affected area should be cleansed with soap and dried before applying Generic Retin-A (Tretinoin). It should be rubbed gently into the affected area. Generic Retin-A (Tretinoin) is used once daily in the evening. The hands must be washed immediately after application.